Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dragon Age Short Review

Alright, I've just finished Dragon Age, successor of old-school classic role playing game Baldur's Gate, and I just want to share my opinion on the game. Before Dragon Age released, I was extremely excited as I love long rpgs that can keep me playing for months. To tell the truth, I wasn't really impress with the game when I first started it, maybe I was expecting too much? In a nutshell, it's the same old school rpg with better graphics and more angle of views. But when I go deeper into game, I got sucked into the world of magic and fantasy. It's such a well crafted world, kudos to bioware making such amazing game. I haven't really get addicted to a game for so long that I can't even remember. Believe me, play the game for at least 10 hours before you judge, if you still don't like, maybe something more fast paced such as FPS would appeal you more.

If you ask me what's the good thing in Dragon Age, I can't really pin point the pros. I guess it's the world, the atmosphere and how people's interact with each other. And you can tell spend a lot of time on dialogue and conversation. One of the reason I love the conversion so much, and I have to admit its because of the arrogant bitch Morrigan. Listen to her conversation with other characters were so fun and funny at time, and it also gave me a reason to go camping to talk with other characters. Though I just want to flirt with Morrigan and bed with her, lol. Alright I'm a pervert. If you played as a female character, you can also flirt with other male character, and some of the conversation between them are quite funny or so I heard.

I've already play through the game once, and reload some later save game to chose a different path and see the ending result. I don't think I would play it again, come to think of it I never replay any game in my life time. I'd really like to talk about the gameplay, but there's nothing really special or unique to talk about beside better graphics and possible spell combination. Bottom line if you like western rpgs, Dragon Age does not dissapoint.

Not much of a review I guess, but I just want to say its a great rpgs or best in my recent memories. Witcher and drakensang is good too and I'm waiting for the Witcher 2 coming out this year probably. You know, recent gaming industry is all about FPS, modern warfare or MMORPG...etc. Can't blame the developer though, it's much profitable and most people's likes that kind of game. All I can do is hope there's more game such as dragon age coming out in the future, guess the next rpgs/fps for me is Mass Effect 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment