Saturday, September 5, 2009

MP3 Music Player software for your PC

There's a lot of free mp3 music player software on the internet, and winamp is probably the most popular one out there. I have used it before, but that's quite some time ago. I don't listen to a lot of music on my PC, at least not playing constantly on the background. Thus, other video player such as VLC, KMplayer and Windows Media Player are doing a fine job. But the best music player among these three I'd have to vouch for Windows Media Player which I hate it totally as a video player (You can read my previous post to know why). If you are a heavy music user's, you should have hundreds if not thousands of song on your list. It'll gets boring very soon if you keep listening to the same songs over and over again. Windows Media Player (WMP) have this function to save your music list in different album. You can choose what to play in each days, maybe you like some heavy music in the morning, and prefer softer songs in the night. WMP do just great by separating the album. You can always delete or add new songs to the album anytime. WMP save your list so you don't have to select and add your favorite songs again next time. As for vlc & kmplayer, it's good to play one or two song randomly in a day as it doesn't save your playlist like WMP and Winamp. It's fine with me as I preferred quite most of time, but listem to one or two of my favorite songs from time to time.

Wmp is a good music player and it's free bundled with the Windows. But if you perfer individual software other than WMP, I'd recommend you to try winamp. It's not famous without a good reason. As I mentioned, I haven't been using Winamp quite a while, so I'm not sure how far it evolved todays. From my experience, the music player is light on resources and very easy to use. Basically, you just click on the add button and select all songs from your PC you want to add to the list, then press ok. There you go, it'll start playing all the songs you have addded one by one after you click on the play button. There's also this repeat function that will continue playing the list of songs over again and again, you can choose to switch it on or off. It's the same as in Windows Media Player.

Ok, I just visited Winamp official site and it has three different version, pro, bundle & full. There's just one free version back then as I remembered. So of course, you'd want to download the free version first, it's around 10 MB in size. You can download it at http://www.winamp.com/player

It seems like there's a lot more features now, not sure if it's a good thing. Winamp also available in 16 different language version. Try it and let me know how it compares to WMP. Is it better or more of less the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment