Monday, November 16, 2009

Best Netbooks

There is no deny that the netbooks is the current hottest portable computers on the market. What's a netbooks you ask? Basically it's the smaller & lighter version of laptops/notebooks, and the screen size are usually under 11 inches to be categorised as netbooks. So what's the big deal? Many people seems to wondering why the big fuss over netbboks, isn't it just a smaller laptops? Yes it's, and that's what people want today's. Netbooks are much lighter and featuring longer battery life up to 10 hours compared it to 3-4 hours laptops. And that fits the purposes of having a portable computer! Don't you agree?

I myself bought a netbook a few months back and loving it. I need a portable computers that are light to carry around and last long enough with a single charged, ntebooks serve the purpose well for me. You think 6 pounds and 3 pounds are not much of a different, believe me it does make the difference. I owned a 14 inch Dell laptop before and I gave it to my brother after I bought a netbook. It feels so much comfortable when using it on a bus/car because of the size and weight, and it doesn't take up too much space on a coffee table with friends. Hey, Starbucks we can sit there all day long and we doesn't need your plug!

Now to the main parts. What's the best netbooks out there? Before I bought my netbooks around 6 months back, I've done a lot of research on net and decided to buy the Asus eeepc 1000HE. Asus eeepc 1000HE is one of the most popular netbooks out there because of what it offers and price. It's not perfect, but it's a well rounded netbooks for its price. To tell the truth, I haven't found one that's perfect yet as there's always one bad thing or downside in all the netbooks I researched. Even the best netbooks, you can easily find a few bad reviews from users. The best netbook for you is all depends on the downside you can oversee, either to be the hardware or price. For example, the Asus eeepc 1000HE has great matte screen that's bright and crisp. There's very mininum flex on the keyboard and it got the top of the line specs in the netbook categories. But the mouse button is some of the worse on the market, it's stiff and very hard to press, and you can hear very loud clicking sound which is the main reasons why some peoples give up on this netbook. Do a search on amazon reviews and I guarantee that's the most complaint on Asus eeepc 1000HE. It's unbelievable that the manufacturer can't even make a decent mouse button, did they even try it themeselves? I can get over with this is because I'm used to using sensor pad, the multi gesture touch or whatever it is called is working very well dor me. When I'm at home, I'll just plugin a usb mouse.

My second candidate was the Toshiba NB200. The price was a little bit higher, but what you get is a stylish and very well desgin netbook that stands out of the crowd. It could be the best looking netbooks out there at the moment. I'm was tempted and seriously considered to buy. What kept me from choosing the toshiba nb200 is the higher price and most importantly the speaker sound. The sound volume when set at maximum is just around 30% of what you get on asus eeepc 1000he. Personally I don't like to use a earplug or headphone, but some people prefer to use headphone and they can get over with this. As for me, this is a break deal. Some times it's just personal preference.

After I bought my netbook, I haven't been reading or searching for the newest out there. There might be a better one that came out after I bought mine. If you ever come across the two model I mentioned above when researching, you know what's good and bad about them. Compare to the other ones and see which suit you best. I heard the Samsung nc100 is not a bad netbook either and I think it's even cheaper than asus eeepc 1000he with the same specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment