Saturday, August 22, 2009

Free Email service

I'm sure most of you guys have at least one email address with Hotmail & Yahoo. The competition get tough when Gmail entered the mail services market with innovative interface, speedy connection and ajax auto refresh when there's new email coming in. I'm not sure about others, but I personally have a lot of emails coming in every day, although I'm still using Yahoo! mail, I found it troublesome to click on the mail box to see if there's any new email coming in. And this is where I found Gmail auto refresh very useful and convenience. Basically, I'll leave a tap open for gmail, if there's a new email coming in, I'll see the number of email in my inbox changes. This save me time and trouble to check on it.

The only reason that I'm still using Yahoo and hotmail is because I've been using for so long, and it's hard to change every contact information and other subscription services I have. Although I don't like to have too many email addresses, I end up with 2 hotmail account, 1 Yahoo, 1 Gmail and 1 opera mail. I'd have to say that operamail is my least favourite and I dont use it very often. It has a lot more limitation such as inbox size compared to other email services. My top choice is of course gmail follow by hotmail then Yahoo. The only reason I hate using Yahoo is because I found out that sometime there's a huge delay in receiving email from others, and worst come to worst you might not even receive the email in your inbox. That's how bad Yahoo is, it could be SPAM protection that is causing the problem, nevertheless, it's a huge problem for user's. Yahoo Spam protection sucks anyway. On the other hand, I don't see much problem coming from hotmail and Gmail.

It's really hard to judge which is the best, Yahoo mail has a longer history and user based on the net afterall. And it's no surprised that Yahoo also have the most spam email sent in the history. Recent statistic shows that Gmail users are growing at over 40% per month, we'll see if google mail can keep up the good job on filtering spam mail.

If you want a recommendation, I'd say go for Gmail. It's good for heavy or business users because it help you to sort out your conversation under one title. This make it easy for you to refer back what you have conversed. Even if you are a light user, gmail have everything that you need. Gmail really stands out of the crowd and provide something really innovative. Clean & fast is the two words for Gmail. Sign up free today with practically unlimited inbox space!

1 comment: