Friday, August 21, 2009

Sony can never keep a secret. PS3 Slim rumours came true!

I feel sorry for Sony, every secret they are trying to keep leaks few weeks earlier before they announce. Just recently Sony has announced a re-designed PS3, named PS3 Slim. It's a smaller version of the original PS3 with matt finish, that's mean that the surface will not attract finger print like the old one. Let's take a look at the new slim design

















Although most comment I found was not a pleasing one, I thought the design wasn't so bad at all. I hate glossy finish, maybe that's the reason. Anyway the official says that the Slim is 33% smaller, and 36% lighter. But the good news is it's cheaper! The old 80GB PS3 and the new 120GB Slim is now available to pre-order at $299.99 USD. And you'll also get the new Dualshock 3 wireless controller in the package.

Now the bad news, it's not backward compatible. You really can't expect Sony to make it backward compatible for PS2 games since the consoles are still selling crazy even today. But you don't really have to wait because I'm sure sony will eventually release a firmware updates that would work with PS2 games, just not at the moment. As for me, well there isn't any PS3 games out there yet that I really want to play. Maybe when Final Fnatasy 13 is out, I might consider getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment