Sunday, August 30, 2009

Free Pdf Reader software download

Until very recently I started to read a lot of ebook in pdf format, and that's the reason why I started searching for a good pdf reader that are fast and easy to use. Unsurprisingly, the first result using the keyword "pdf reader" was adobe reader. I've downloaded and tried it, it's a good pdf software in general. The interface is sleak and looks really great, but it's not without a cost, the reader load slower compare to the other pdf software in the market.

And I heard about another pdf reader somewhere on the net, it's called foxit reader. So I head to its official website (if you look more carefully, foxit is just on the second result in first page on google) and try to download the software, to my surprise, the pdf reader was only 1 MB plus if you compare to adobe 20mb. You see the huge difference! It doesn't take long for me to download the free pdf reader and put it into test. Foxit reader is now my best choice for pdf documents and I never bother to going back to adobe. It's fast and easy to use, it load all documents I tested almost instantly. Adobe pdf reader isn't a bad software, it works great and looks great, but it's just too slow for my taste. I don't really care about the graphics as long as it's fast and do the job right. If Adobe was fast in first place, I think I'd have never try another pdf reader.

I talked about individual software up there. Actually there's a firefox addon which you can view pdf document directly on your browser and it's quite popular in demand. Unfortunately, the current one offered for firefox doesn't work as good as individual software. Although it's an addon for firefox browser, but it actually install the software in your computer as an individual software rather than an addon. And there's some complaint about the software crashing users system. Honestly, I haven't try it yet, though I'm using firefox as I normally doesn't install any addon or software that received bad reviews. This is just an extra information for those who are interested. Yes, there's such addon for firefox, you can do a search on mozilla firefox homepage for plugins.

No comments:

Post a Comment