Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's the best Torrent software

In my blog, there's no boundary talking about pirated software or posting vulgar words. Although I tend to edit my word before I post to keep it more child friendly. A lot of people's are looking for p2p or torrent software to share files among each others. Most of the softwares are free, but what's the best? This is my recommendation and it might not be the best. Personally, I love to use bitcomet as it's adware and spyware free. And the installation is fast and easy without the need of installing additional application to make it works. The interface is simple and clean, you can easily set the number of concurrent download at once to keep only a few downloads at high speed. And there's the hash button which you use to check the file for errors after completion. If you every suddenly shut down your PC's in the middle of the download, it's recommend that you check the file first before removing it from the list. Although I'm not bother by the ads in bitcomet, some users seems to be irritated by it.

Another free torrent software which my brother like to use is Azureus. It's a bittorrent software so the main function are basically the same. But as for me, I don't really like it, because it's coded in java script. What so bad about it? Because my PC doesn't have the necessary java application and I've to download the java crap. Why can't it just work on its own? And this is not my only complains, the Azurues software loads extremely slow and clunky. If you are using a laptop or netbook, or even an outdated PC, I highly recommend you not to use Azureus. Even you have the top of the top hardware, Azureus is still a resources hog and it loads a lot slower than other bittorrent software. Alright, you already have the java application and you are not bother by the slow loading process. There's nothing worst than these right? Oh boy, you are wrong. Although this could be just my assumption, but the download speed comparing to other software on the same internet line, Azurues speed is actually running slower and sometime not even moving at all. Just to let you know it's not the seed issues. After all the trouble I've gone through, I decided to stick with bitcomet until someone recommend me something better.

Overall, if you are ok with the integrated ads in Bitcomet, it’s by far the better free bittorrent software out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment